24 Points About 24 - 11:06AM - 1:00PM
1. Right away we got Gbenga Akinnagbe aka Chris Partlow from The Wire lurking around as CIA agent Erik Ritter. He appears to have a preference for Under Armour so from now on his nickname will be UNDER ARMOUR.
2. So nice to see that the Industrial Chic interior design schemes of Intelligence Agencies hasn't changed in four years.
3. Is the Jack Hoodie the new Jack Sack?
4. Still can't believe that President Heller is alive after his car went off that cliff way back in season five.
5. That drone pilot is John Boyega, aka Moses from ATTACK THE BLOCK and also future star of Star Wars Episode VII. He's also a British dude in real life which makes it crazy he's playing an American drone pilot, but I'm into it.
6. Lots and lots of USB sticks on the show. Somehow keeping data in the cloud just doesn't work as well on a show like 24. They need those physical devices to get captured. The plot wouldn't exist without them.
7. I've seen many an episode of 24 and I know not to trust C.I.A. bro-grammers who have funky facial air. This dude who's buttering up Kate Morgan is no exception.
8. Jack Bauer's readings are unnatural! Pulse and Thermal are static. Do these people think that Jack is human? Fools!
9. Tate-Tots (new nickname alert) aka Mark aka Tate Donovan is reading Jack's file shitting himself and that was only like 3 seasons of Jack's kills, if he thinks that's it, then he's got a lot more to worry about than where his wife's jewelry box is.
10. So Kim Bauer had a son! Not only is this setting up the future "Grandson of Bauer" storyline but it also means that one day that son will grow up to hunt down the spawn of the cougar that once threatened his Mom.
11. With Kate attacking security guards, working with some dweeby nerd, blowing through clearances, and following hunches, it really appears that she is getting set up to be the new Jack. A female Jack, is the world ready for that? Of course they are...don't you watch Homeland?
12. While it's not a kill, Jack's behind the back choking of Under Armour was pretty badass.
13. So Chloe O'Brien is working with Wikileaks now? I'll buy it.
14. CLASSIC 24 Logic that some dude can just stand on on the roof of a van with a rocket launcher outside of the London Branch of the CIA and no one notices. They must be too busy checking out their interior design contracts.
15. The creeping dementia of President Heller is an interesting plot-line. Will be fascinating to see how far the creators take it over the course of a couple hours, but you know he's going to knock out that speech. Or Tate-Tots is going to sabotage him pre-speech.
16. In reference to point #13, Jack Bauer hates Wikileaks, that's good to know.
17. Oh man, the main villain is played by the woman who played Catelyn Stark on Game Of Thrones. That's too many TV worlds coming together. I don't know if I can handle that shit! You hear the way that she said "schedule." Sent a chill or should I say "schilll" down my spine.
18. This season will be a mild failure if one of these nerds from Chloe's hacker gang doesn't get a "hero moment" and saves the day. Maybe the rotund Ginger saves his girl, that would be dope.
19. Give it up for cinematographer Jeffrey C. Mygatt. The show has never looked better and the camera work, particularly with the interiors is fluid and exciting. Got dayuum, I missed this show!
20. It is interesting seeing a President prepare for a big speech like this. Shades of Palmer.
21. Gotta love how they close out the premiere with ye old tyme one two punch of Chloe on Comms and Jack just destroying everyone.
22. Jack's first kill of the season is standard close range shooting followed by some slicing up of British gangsters. I would have prepared a spiritual sequel to the legendary Vampire bite but sometimes the wait is worth it.
23. Kind of feel bad for that evil programmer guy Yates, one minute you think you're gonna go live the Greenland life with your blonde babe of a girlfriend who loves to get freaky in bathrooms and then you get a knife in your ear. Such is the way of the world.
24. I was very satisfied with the opening episodes. It literally felt like they were picking right back up where they left off, I easily could have been watching this four years ago. There are many questions if Jack can still fit in to our Obama Presidency existence and with the all the talk of Drones, Freedom of Information, and Hacker Collectives it appears that he is adapting just fine.