Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 5, Episode 2 - The House of Black & White
That was a really solid episode that just rocketed the plot forward. I mean where do you ever begin? How about at the end with that hardcore "this show is all about fantasy" visual of Drogon flying toward the river that leads to the Disney castle?
Direwolf Badassery - None whatsoever. Kind of disappointing actually.
Margaery Mayhem - Cersei called her a whore which I think counts for .5 points. Right?
1. "Announcing our arrival," says the Captain of the ship that takes Arya towards The House of Black & White. That's right, brace yourself for Arya ninja training with Sir Jaqen! So glad he actually showed up.
2. Sansa's dressing down of Lady Brienne was classic Sansa - just being a stupid teenage bratty girl. She's always like that and while it's good for her as a character - it's going to lead to a bad place for her soon.
3. Of all the plot lines I'm most intrigued by Bronn & Jamie going to Dorne. They're like the Crockett & Tubbs of Westeros - going to be hell to pay over there. Or maybe?
4. Let's talk about Dorne! Besides being shot in gorgeous looking Spain - there is a lot of action going on here in the one scene we saw. Oberyn's girlfriend is wicked upset but his brother Doran proves to be much less showy than everyone's favorite overly showy spear combat expert, or should I say former overly showy spear combat expert. I'm intrigued to see how he handles this situation.
5. Give it up for Jon Snow - pumped to see what he does as Lord Commander. Also how cool is it that every potential Lord Commander has a hype man!
6. All the Daenery's stuff just isn't connecting with me. More internal trouble, more squabbles, more slave/master drama. Just get a move on and roll on the throne already! No one is even talking about it anymore - when she was with the Dothraki that's all they talked about!
7. Cersei is not getting away with the stunts that she used to get away with. Back in the day she'd dominate that council meeting - now she's got people walking out. Not a good sign.
8. Gotta say Daario Naharis stabbing that guy through the wall was VERY IMPRESSIVE. I hope he gets more to do this season than stab people through walls, make witty one-liners, and execute people off screen.
9. Really love the imagery of The House Of Black & White - especially as a metaphor for the darkness in Arya's soul. She really wants to kill A LOT of people and seems to turn to violence at every opportunity.
10. By far the best part of this episode was the thrilling horse back chase in the woods. And it got finished off with some nice hyper violent swordplay. I always like that!