Game of Thrones Recap - Season 5, Episode 5 - Sons Of The Harpy
The blood was flowing on Thrones tonight and I was into it. So good to see Sir Barristan kick ass right! All in all a major step up from last week.
Margaery Mayhem - 5 points. While she was in two scenes this episode she did get to storm into a room like a boss and really emasculate her husband. She's becoming Cersei and she doesn't even know it.
Direwolf Badassery - 0 points. Sometimes I wonder if the direwolves are still on this show?
1. The first we see of the legendary Ser Jorah is him setting off via boat on a journey to the promised land. His new journey begins! As one of my favorite characters - I hope he is welcomed back by Daenerys - that is if she still alive when he gets there.
2. The Harpies are not to be messed with and I was shocked how quickly they dispatched so many Un-Sullied. Maybe if the Un-Sullied weren't getting lullabies on the regular they'd be able to step up and fight when needed. Daenerys is in way over her head though and now needs her dragons more than ever - they've always bailed her out in the past so maybe this time it will be the same?
3. Jaime Lannister is turning into a real softie huh? He's all emotional about why is he going on his mission. For love of Cersei? For love of his daughter? He better abandon all that real quick because his fighting skills aren't what they used to be and from the looks of those sand-snake warriors - he is going to need them.
4. Mace Tyrell has got to be the biggest bumbling idiot in the whole capital. The guy is just so goofy I wonder if he even knows that Ser Janos is probably going to kill him? Gotta get Grandma Tyrell up in here - she'd never let things get this crazy.
5. Stannis's wife may suck terribly but whoah is Stannis the father of the year after tonight. What I love about Stannis is he displays his loyalty as a parent and as a friend with epic tales of how hard he works. His explanation to Shireen about how hard he worked to save her was beautiful. I'm #teamStannis now than ever before.
6. I hope that Sansa has absorbed everything she can from Littlefinger because with her gone, she's going to need a whole bunch of political tricks. The Boltons are evil people and she may be out of her league. Nice to see those Winterfell crypts again though.
7. How about those sparrows just raising hell in the capital huh? Something tells me that while they may act in the name of the Light of the Seven they are just as power hungry as the Lannisters. I do not trust their intentions one bit.
8. Bronn is such a great character - his explanation of wanting a boring death was a simple way that tells so much about the character. By the way, can you imagine the thrill of blowing up all those ships at Blackwater!
9. Anyone else miss Hodor?
10.Jon Snow refuses Melisandre was a total power move and I love it even though her parting line of "you know nothing Jon Snow" was a total gut punch. Let's hope he can keep it together because the White Walkers (remember them) are coming. They're still coming right?