Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 7 - Episode 5 - Eastwatch
Now that the Tarly BBQ has opened and closed for business I think we can agree that was a pretty decent Thrones episode that served as an appetizer to the epic action on deck for next week. But there certainly was some stuff to munch on.
Direwolf Badassery - Are dragons the new direwolves? I'm thinking yes.
Hardhome Pt 2 or Nah - Next week baybeeee
1. Jamie & Bronn are in the running for the most ride or die dynamic duo on the show. Other contenders are Jon Snow and Sam, Jon Snow & Edd, Jon Snow & Tormund, Thoros & Beric and while not together anymore - Bran & Mera.
2. Tyrion is such a buzzkill these days.
3. Before he got roasted Randyll Tarly says that there are no easy choices anymore. I feel the same way when trying to pick my sides for my brisket when I’m going bananas on some Texas BBQ. It was also a great metaphor for the show.
4. Cannot believe it took me this long to realize this - THE CITADEL ARE THE THRONES VERSION OF THE ILLUMINATI - a bunch of old white dudes with mad history sitting around scheming on the fate of the world.
5. Did I miss something or did Daenerys go from not caring about the white walkers to being all in supporting this insane mission to capture a wight. Kind of a big turn. Dragon petting made her a believer?
6. To that note the plot machinations to get Arya and Littlefinger scheming on each other seemed clumsy. In some ways it will be fitting if Arya’s aggressive violence comes to an end via a scheme of tha mind.
7. Where the hell is Euron?
8. Finally - what a posse that is rolling out to capture a wight. OH MY GAWD is that a heavy hitter SQUAD if I’ve ever seen one. If it had to pick someone in that posse going down here’s my ranking on who’s gonna bite it:
Ser Beric (but he can be brought back)