Game Of Thrones Recap - Winterfell - Season 8 Premiere
So good to be back with my GAME TIME - aka my Game of Thrones recap. Everyone is amped so let’s just get into this.
Direwolf Badassery - Don’t you think for one second just because Jon Snow rides a dragon means we should forget about the direwolves. Don’t want- I NEED to see Ghost return to start kicking ass.
Family Feuds Of Westeros - Looks like there is going to be a lot sibling strife here and this episode certainly was hitting reality TV levels! Damn, someone just get the Starks on a recap show with Andy Cohen!
1. Between the ultimate “come at me bro” moment in yonder season and now this very dark art sculpture with a kid - The Night King is officially not only the big bad guy on the show but the ultimate in evil swag. He has moved past Joffrey.
2. I thought Euron was gonna get sliced in half by the mountain for a moment there.
3. Those opening credits were very shiny. Guess with this being the final run you gotta go big!
4. Ser Beric’s light em up sword is still amazing. So happy that Tormund is alive and even more happy to see Edd from the Night’s Watch. It is going to be very epic when all these characters come together.
5. As the seasons have moved on show runners Benioff & Weiss have really leaned into their comedy chops. There were some amazing one liners in this episode and I really enjoyed it. Now - does this mean we will get some Arnold style one liners later in the season? We will have to see!
6. It’s keeping me up at night when I think about which characters are going to become wights and then have to battle their friends. Wight Arya would be nuts.
7. What is that weapon Arya wants build? Looked like a hidden blade dagger.
8. I’m happy Theon and generally happy for the Greyjoys in general. They’ve been so through so much.
9. Alright, let’s get into this, I think that they’re setting this whole season up for Dany to die a heroes death and save the realm. She clearly has a lot to learn about leadership and the show has secretly been showing all the ways she tries and fails to adapt to new cities and cultures. That shit won’t fly in the North and in the end she’s going to have prove herself through something bold.
10. The next time we see dragons flying on the show they need to be kicking ass not going on a sightseeing trip!