I loved this episode. Don’t get me wrong - I love fire and madness but this episode was full of character moments and laughs.
DIREWOLF BADASSERY - Confirmed on the horizon as Ghost was spotted at Winterfell. So fitting he was standing with Edd, Sam, and Jon.
FAMILY FEUDS OF WESTEROS - Yuuuppppp. We’re talking future sister in law and sisters going head to head. We got spouse drama. It’s all here!
1. Of all the moments in this episode the one that stuck with me the most was Theon saying he would defend Bran at the Direswood. Theon’s arc on this show has been one of the wilder ones and to have him protecting him after all the shit Theon did at Winterfell is amazing.
2. Obviously Podrick is the campfire sing-along bro. Love it!
3. Dany is not off to a strong start. First off, why are you still going on about the throne? I mean everyone else is reflecting before the midnight showdown and you’re still going on about the throne!!! C’mon! Second - I thought she was going to kill Jon for a second there. Your brother and your best friend - yeah my brother can see across time and my best friend is smartest character on the show.
4. All of those little kids who went into the crypt are going to become wights.
5. While I love to see Tormund chugging Giant’s Milk - he’s kind of a punch line character at this point. Really need him to start wrecking people soon.
6. Gendry calling the White Walkers death was a great callback to Sir Berric’s epic “Death Is the Enemy” speech last season.
7. While the Gendry and Arya hookup was good enough, I’m more interested in how that weapon actually works - because in the blueprint it wasn’t just a spear. I think it’s a spear that splits in two or something like that.
8. Pretty sure they’ve put dragon glass on the battlements of Winterfell which is amazing.
9. The Mormont reunion was great - funny to think how people can be connected on this show. Also speaking of Ser Jorah - dude may be one of the most emotional characters on the show. He pines for Dany so hard.
10. Also - who makes the maps for the battles? Where was the guy who made the giant map at Dragonstone, was he not available?