Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 4 - Episode 3- Breaker Of Chains
"Breaker of Chains" was for the most part a pretty damn boring episode. Luckily it saved itself at the end with some good old fashioned medieval village raising and a prettayy freaking awesome kill by Sir Nashville above. Let's get into it.
Direwolf Badassery - 0 - I'm starting to wonder if direwolves are still even on this show.
Joffrey Swag - 10 Points - Even in death Geoffrey proves that he's so insanely maniacal that A) He deserves rock sunglasses, the mark of a true swag-king who will swag so hard in the afterlife B)Makes his weirdo brother and sister parents have extremely creepy evil sex next to his body. He was an evil bastard and I think this is the last we will see of him.
1. The episode title seemingly referred to Khaleesi's nice little speech to the slaves of Mereen, but it actually applied to so much more. With Joffrey gone Tywin's is set free to really RULE via extremely impressionable Tommen Lannister. Arya is slowly losing any shackles of innocence. And the Thenn showed just how dark things get can when there are no chains of civilization at all, cause you know, they just eat little kids's parents in front of them.
2. Give up for Game of Thrones cinematographer Anne Haellmigk who made some truly stunning images in the opening sequence with Sansa fleeing the city.
3. Got Dayuum, just when I thought he was becoming a likeable hero Jaime had to go rape his sister. You suck Jaime, I feel tricked by your entire arc so far on the show.
4. I really enjoyed the Hound and Arya's latest episode of their dynamic duo adventure for two reasons. It was interesting to see how civilians lives are impacted by the war for the throne and also because we got another hilarious scene with The Hound trying to get his grub on.
5. Hearing Ayra shout out the Tully clan made me wonder what happened to Brynden Tully aka The Blackfish, a totally badass character who escaped the Red Wedding last season. Can he please return!
6. Samtell Tarly is a really good dude but I can't help but think that he's a fool for leaving his girl in that town. It's all good though because I'm 95% certain he's going to play the hero and come back and save here when the White Walkers roll in.
7. At this point I don't understand Khaleesi's grand speeches and posing with her army. The bad guys send a champion out and she sends a dude. Why doesn't she just laugh and send in THREE dragons to turn said champion into a human-horse s'more? People will bow down to you ASAP. The whole time I'm watching that (admittedly dope) scene I just thought --- yo don't you have dragons?
8. "There has never lived a more royal squire" - truer words have never been spoken by Tyrion before because Sir Podrick is the realest and most ride or die character on the show. He is immensely loyal, loves wild women, can drink with the best of them, bullshit with Bronn, kick-ass in battle, and now not even testify against Tyrion. Truly the most purest and legendary character on the show.
9. Oberyn finally got his crazy orgy scene and it was cut short by the Lord of all ball-busters - Tywin Lannister. I'm intrigued to see how his role on the trial of Tyrion plays out but more intrigued by a potential showdown between him and the mountain Sir Gregor Clegane. Most anticipated fight of all time.
10. The village attack scene might be remembered by the Thenn cannibals being terrifying creeps, but the real star of the show was the BG aka the Badass Ginger aka Tormund just wrecking everyone. Guy's a fighter, can't wait to see him square off against Jon Snow!