Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 4 - Episode 2 - The Lion & The Rose
This was worse than the Red Wedding, I'm so shaken up by it I'm not even talking straight in the video blog I did above. It's with a heavy heart that I write this post. RIP Joffrey.
Direwolf Badassery - 3 Points. We got a pretty cool POV sequence of Summer killing a deer but...a deer...couldn't it be a White Walker?
Joffrey Swag - To the stars and beyond. Fitting that in his final moments the legend Joffrey would just radiate swag on all of us. He got too close to the swag son and burned up once he tasted true swag Nirvana. His final moments lest we forget: He was snooty about the goblet his father-in-law gave him, he chopped the book up after praising it, he had an epic cape swirl, there was a dope sword name, he made his bride have some 80's hair style (nice one Joff!), henripped off a power kiss, called Renly a deviant, made fun of the fat drunk knight who is important now I think, brought midgets to the party, and finally served up his uncle who slapped him. Still, his death was traumatic as hell. I still haven't recovered.
1. Terrifying opening shot with Ramsey Snow's dogs chasing down a poor girl. Yet another reminder that Ramsey Snow is the #1 character I can't wait to see die a horrible death. Just a little shit all around. Who's gonna do him? Future magic Bran Stark? Or is Hodor going to just rip him apart?
2. Don't feel bad for Theon at all now that he's a weird imp named Reek. Just remember all of the super lame power hungry business he pulled back in Season 2?
3. Is Roose Bolton (the guy who killed Rob Starkk) going to be a main character now? All I want is to see this guy die, not scheme for power?
4. As much as I find Shae annoying, it was kind of heartbreaking seeing Tyrion just shred her heart to bits. I understand why Tyrion had to go about it that way, but damn, that's almost as brutal as that horse getting chopped in half way back in Season 1.
5. STANNIS aka the realest character on Game of Thrones. Dude is just burning his In-Laws alive and has somehow got his wife thrilled about it. His character may be underdeveloped but it doesn't matter cause this dude just oozes determination. Others want the Iron Throne, he needs it.
6. Melisandre's little visit to Stannis's daughter was interesting. Does she play a larger part in the story? What kind of potential is her dragon skin infection?
7. Absolutely loved Bran touching the Weirwood tree (just like the one the Night's Watch take their oath at) and have some trippy dreams. The Dragons flying over King's Landing was especially epic, but I'm more interested in what's waiting for him in the North. Considering his magical powers as a Warg are growing I think he'll have a part to play in the big ass showdown that's going down with the Night's Watch and the Wildlings. Maybe he'll even slay a White Walker. That would be choice.
8. Yes, that was the epic orchestral rock and roll soul shaking Icelandic band Sigur Ros performing for Joffrey at the wedding. It had to be Margaery's pick ,though. I'm sure Joffrey only listens to Slipknot.
9. I know he hates his nephew but I really don't think Tyrion had it in him to kill Joffrey. Smart money is on the Tyrell's because that Grandma is colder than Tywin will ever be. That line to Sansa about killing at a funeral...c'mon Grandma...we know you want your grand-daughter on the throne.
10. Really enjoyed seeing Bron and Jaime practicing sword-fighting. Two quick thoughts on that. The first is when is Jaime going to learn to use his gold hand as a weapon. The Second...those two would be REALLY fun to party with.
No updates from Jon Snow, Arya, or Khaleesi this week. Hopefully next we'll get a little less Wedding drama and little more carnage. Swag on Joffrey. Swag on.