24 Points About 24: 3:00PM to 4:00PM
1. Jack's little "bull in a china shop" routine to get the heat of Kate Morgan was pretty classic but I'd rather see him really destroy people not fake destroy people.
2. We all know it really only is a matter of time before Kate unleashes her first "DAMMIT CHLOE."
3. Margot Al-Harazi is all lovey dovey with her daughter Simone but my fiancee says "Time to get out before they take a toe." Live by it Simone!
4. It's a classic sequence on 24 where they go over the threat that's the driving plot and then review over the human causalities. Really establishes the threat, been doing it for 8.5 years.
5. "I wanna talk to Bauer!" - Classic line from President Heller.
6. Audrey says "My father needs you" but she doesn't say "I need you." You know Audrey is still about tha Bauer!
7. I really enjoy how 24 is playing with gender roles this season. Cate Morgan is proving to be an interesting character with a intriguing backstory and the street smarts to prove maybe she could take over the Bauer legacy. Props to Yvonne Strahovski for making me a believer (I never watched "Chuck" btw). And as for Margot Al-Harazi - just a fantastic villain. You see her crawling out of that drone strike - INTENSE.
8. Are we going to going to get some cheesy scene where Chloe ditches the Dragon Tattoo makeup and then goes from goth geek to a more classic geek. I could be into that actually.
9. President Heller = President Cardigan.
10. For a second there when Jack insisted on going to meet up with the arms dealer, I got REALLY excited that there was a chance the arms dealer would be Tony Almeida. I can still dream.
11. The whole plot-line of Naveed leaving a traceable link in the video is cool, but it feels a little bit like the writers really re-inforcing that this is a new "24" that doesn't stereotype Muslims as terrorists. Cool I guess, but very heavy-handed.
12. What does Jack think about when he's a room all alone by himself? Kim? Teri 1? Teri 2? Nina? How much the food sucks in England?
13. The Jack-Audrey reunion was sweet, but it also sent her down multiple long regal hallways of literal and metaphoric life reflection.
14. Prime Minister Stephen Fry is like a caricature of fat British Politician. He certainly shares a special relationship, just with XL fish and chips, not President Heller.
15. For someone who has been essentially fired twice now, it's crazy how much freedom they give Cate Morgan. I mean shouldn't she be in a holding cell somewhere?
16. Adrian the hacker leader is the white Morpheus.
17. Speaking of Adrian his send off to Chloe is "I love you!" What? Those two were a couple? The hell is going here?
18. Classic 24 transportation logic - takes about 10 minutes to get from urban London to the regal countryside.
19. Love that POV footage from the soldier's point of view. Adds a visceral quality to the action while acknowledging 24's rich history of wild camera shots.
20. Yet again we come to a great mystery of 24 - why does everyone on the tactical team wear helmets except the leaders?
21. Wowza! That was an awesome explosion, big budget mini-series. Here we go! Huge explosion! I'm enthralled.
22. I'm really starting to see Margot Al-Harazi as just a time-traveling Lady Catelyn Stark who's journey through time to get revenge on the Lannister's descendants.
23. Hard to see who survived that drone attack on the manor but it looked like Under Armour and Navarro made it out alive. Of course if that attack doesn't put in Cate in charge I don't know what will.
24. RIP Naveed. I guess he'll be missed but c'mon this dude is no Dubaku.