Game Of Thrones Recap - SE4E8 - The Mountain & The Viper
Thrones came back with a vengeance last night and there is lots of gooey parts to get into. I mean, whoah, Oberyn, we hardly knew ya bud, I wish you could say you died like you lived but I mean you died a really horrible horrible death. Well, let's say the rest for the post.
Direwolf Badassery- Nowhere to be seen but I expect that we'll get some next week.
Joffrey Swag - People are still talking about how much they hated him, but the true mark of Joffrey Swag was when you saw what a whiny little bitch Robin Arynn is. At least Joffrey was cocky, Robin is just...lame.
1. Pour one out for my main man...Ser Jorah. The image of him riding away from his friend zone filled past was haunting. But seriously, where does this character go from here?
2. OK let's get into it. I did not see that Oberyn death coming at all. Much props to the creators because while I've seen the thumbs through eyes before, I have yet to see a full on skull crushing of a main character. I mean DAMN. Now, that was wild, but was it as wild as The Mountain's horse chop back in season 1?
3. Jon Snow's friends (besides Fat Sam) are some of the most ride or die supporting character on any TV show ever. They're just always popping up to offer encouragement and and also to kick ass. I'm into that.
4. Grey Worm's low key indirect romance skills of Missandei were dynamite tonight. For his sake I hope he has the pillar and the rocks.
5. You can learn so much more about Daenerys as a character by seeing her braid Missandrei's hair than you can learn in 10 "I'm the mother of the dragons slave liberator" speeches.
6. The Bolton family is a bunch of freaks. I hate Ramsay even more now because unlike fellow bastard Jon Snow he gets to assume the family name and Jon Snow just inherits...his father's scowl.
7. Littlefinger is scheming on the whole realm and I love it. He's like the medieval Frank Underwood, always just climbing that ladder to power, one kingdom at a time.
8. So about that whole monologue about the beetles? Was it foreshadowing the crushing death of Oberyn? Was it Tyrion saying that he remains eternally fascinated by the existential questions of life? Or was it him very slyly winning Jaime over to his cause in case things didn't go well for Oberyn in the fight? I think it was all three.
9. Although I've said I've never do it, I'm starting to feel for Theon. I know he did a ton of terrible things in Winterfell but at this point he's out of his mind, lost his manhood, doesn't recognize his sister, and is just a shell of himself. I hope he gets his mojo back and kills Ramsay who is a thousand times worse than Joffrey ever was.
10. What the hell happens to Tyrion now? He's such a fan favorite so I don't think he'll bite but I don't see how he gets out of there alive? It's not like he can fight his way out. We'll have to see, maybe his old pal Varys will help him out?
So good to have Thrones back!