Game of Thrones Recap With TPG -S4E5 - First Of His Name
Well damn that was kind of a boring episode right? If you take the ending "battle" out of it, most of it was just talking. Still some juicy tidbits in there though, but seriously, only 5 episodes left, things gotta pick up!
Joffrey Swag - Even after I'm gone they remember his name and his legacy (of terror). I mean if that's not swag I don't know what is.
Direwolf Badassery - 10 Points. Ghost is freed (sorry I called him Snow in the video) and promptly bites some dude's head off. So good to have him back.
1. I really don't care about all the future stops of Daenery's Targaryen's Freedom Quest sequel because enough is enough. Can this girl just get to King's Landing already? I know Sir Barristan wants to get back there, but Sir Jorah, bro just because you're in the friendzone, doesn't mean we have to suffer.
2. Not gonna lie, I was pretty psyched to see Game Of Throne's resident breast feeding 12 year old Robin Arryn return to the mix. Kid is a real character.
3. Pretty crazy to learn that Lyssa Aryn poisoned her husband. That's a pretty deep call back to a central mystery in season one. This show is serious with it's plots. Makes you wonder just how long Littlefinger has been manipulating the game. Probably since his Baltimore days.
4. Sounds like The Iron Bank is a lot like the real life Federal Reserve: people need metaphors to explain it and everyone is trying to get on their best side. Something tells me though that empty mines spells trouble for the Lannisters.
5. So if we're to take things at face-value women from the Vale are A)Psycho B) Stage 5 Clingers C)Sexually demanding D) Have complicated relationships with sweets E) Are mean bloody knuckles players.
6. I'm also getting tired of Arya's routine. She would be wise to learn how to kill, not just sword fight. The Hound seems like a great person to learn that from.
7. All you viewers out there, don't you EVER go falling for Cersei's sob stories about missing her daughter, showing off ships, and saying things like "What good is power if you cannot protect the ones you love." This woman is EVIL.
8. Podrick Payne continues to be one of the realest characters on the show. Love how human he is, I mean who knows how to cook a rabbit like that.
9. Bran warging Hodor was pretty expected after one of the mutineers said something like "I could take over the world with a body like that" but it still was badass to see Hodor regulate. I wonder how this new ability will factor into future battles with White Walkers.
10. Jon Snow, I'm happy you're reunited with Ghost, but you gotta start stepping up your game. You almost lost to a renegade Benihana Chef in that fight and when you won you got the guy from behind, which is no bueno.
Wasn't that impressed with this episode. Hopefully next week will be stronger.