24 Points About 24: 10PM-11AM
1. Audrey has been tortured by Cheng in the past, she should know her dying Chinese friend isn't going to make it out alive. By the way she seems awfully composed for that situation.
2. Really enjoyed Jack's elbow drop to find the phone. It's the simple things folks.
3. Did President Heller go to the C.I.A. headquarters because they had more flat-screens?
4. When Chloe was walking down that road and the music was playing I really thought she was going to get picked up by the Knight's Bus. Chloe at Hogwarts, can you imagine?
5. The Russian sea-captain is one of the most hilariously stereotypical characters the show has ever done. Can't believe he didn't have pipe.
6. Chloe says "she's the only the friend Jack has left" in the most subdued voice possible. Not entirely true, he's got Under Armor and Kate!
7. Honestly the whole day is pretty much Chloe's fault. If she hadn't fallen in with that hacker collective then...
8. Way back a couple of hours ago I called that Jack would end up in a shootout in a shipping yard and now here we are.
9. Finally Jack gets an assault rifle worthy of his talents, poor guy has been using pistols almost all season.
10. Cheng's sniper seems pretty on it when it comes to monitoring Audrey so I'm surprised he lets her answer/look at her phone. What's he think she's doing, doing 24 points looming death? Zinggg.
11. Jack and Belcheck work so well together it got me nostalgic for the arm cutting days of Jack and Chase.
12. Marat and Pavel are the names of two of the goons that Jack destroyed at the shipping yard. Do those actors get credited and entries in the 24 wikia?
13. Kate and Audrey just having a leisurely walk in the park after an international hostage crisis, no wonder they got ambushed. Get your act together Kate.
14. Here is a 24 analogy for you SAT junkies out there. The Death of Audrey : Kate Morgan as The Death of Terri: Jack Bauer.
15. RIP Audrey- you earned that silent clock. Welcome to a small but select part of 24 lore.
16. Give it up for Kiefer's acting chops when he receives the news about Audrey. That's why he's the legend.
17. Finally we get a completely unnecessary but awesome butcher knife to the face kill courtesy of Jack's rage mode.
18. Every 24 point I have written this entire season about Jack not getting enough kills is now mute. He just executed Cheng with a samurai sword. This sets an entirely new precedent for kills on the show. What's next? Crossbows? Axes? Light Sabers? Bring it on.
19. President Heller's rationale about how Audrey couldn't be dead because she was surrounded by secret service, reflects that of the entire audience.
20. Jack's rage mode killing spree on the ship including a very violent knife stab into a human shield into a violent shooting into a karate fight with a arch nemesis into a pre-execution one liner about staying dead. That's the stuff we are going to tell our kids about.
21. Never thought I would see that "12 hours later" on the screen in 24 but jumping time formats means that the show gets another season then I'm on board.
22. I kind of feel bad for Tate Tots, I gave him a lot of shit, but I understood where he was coming from. Not as a jealous pyscho husband but as a dude protecting the President.
23. President Heller's "I won't remember anything that happens today" is a brutal and strangely meta commentary on the nature of TV viewing and memory.
24. So 24 choses to follow in the footsteps of it's legendary season one and season five ending's and have Jack in a VERY rough place at the end. Going off to see the Russian's huh. At least the goodbye with Chloe was touching. This ending gives me hope for another season because there is no way that is the end of the character, he'll be back in another season or movie in no time. If this really was the end they would have killed him.
25. I'll give you one more point because you deserve it and Jack killed Cheng with a samurai sword. Let's talk about that last scene:
- Chloe definetly passed something off to Jack, not sure what it is, but maybe a tracking device that she hastily made in the communications bunker?
- Silent clock at the end, but I don't think Jack is dead, it was just for an emotional moment
- Jack has never had a problem with Russians. He will handle the Russians.
All in all just a fantastic season from start to finish. There is NOTHING on TV like this show and the format is just so effective at building suspense and tension. I really hope it comes back for another season and that we get the return of the character that we all truly deserve: