Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 6, Episode 2 - HOME
So we all saw that coming but hot dayuuum, it was still pretty awesome right?
Direwolf Badassery - 5 Points. I'm always down for some direwolves to rip out some throats, but there is nothing more badass than loyalty and the way that Ghost knew his boy was about to come back. Way to go Ghost.
Jon Snow Mania - Yeah, he's back. He got a nice haircut as well.
1. Bran & Hodor are back! Did you miss them last season? I didn't really miss them, but now that they're back and on a flashback journey, let me be the first to say - welcome back. The flashback to #happytimes Winterfell was actually really cool. I loved seeing Young Hodor, Benjen, and Ned. And you know that fact that they showed Lyanna Stark is going to turn out to be a big deal down the line - check out this article for reference.
2. I'm not into the Lannister family drama at all. Tommen wants to be a tough guy. Cersei has the same hair cut as Tommen. Jamie Lannister is trying to be a Dad. Thank gawd for the Franken-Night destroyer guy - he's the only thing keeping the Lannister story interesting.
3. Is the High Sparrow feeling the bern? The scene where he was surrounded by minions and was talking about how united they are strong against the government was nicely political.
4. We didn't see Khaleesi the whole episode but we learned that she had an entire fleet of ships in Mereen the whole time? C'mon girl - why didn't you just roll over to King's Landing and do the damn thing?
5. The scene where Tyrion confronted the dragons was amazing. First off, he is consistently one of the bravest characters on the show and that courage was really on display here. Second, the visual effects on the dragon's mouth when he turned the flame on where amazing. Finally, I love how this scene was set-up by his fleeting glimpse at the dragon last season when he was in the boat with Ser Jorah.
6. Wow - Ramsay Bolton is pretty much the most evil character in all of TV history ,huh? That was a pretty brutal 5 minute stretch he appeared in. Can't wait until Jon Snow fatality kills him.
7. So the guy on the bridge who killed Balon Greyjoy is his brother Euron Greyjoy - a new character this season. And, WOW, what an entrance. The lines "I am the drowned God" and "I am the storm" are pretty damn cool if you ask me.
8. It was kind of funny to see Melisandre be super mopey and emo and while I get that she's bummed about her visions not coming true - what is she gonna be like now that she did some next level magic? My hope is that her character continues to develop in interesting ways now that she's got a confidence boost. Would love to see her in combat.
9. I'm sorry it took my 9 points to get to that amazing giant kill. It was long overdue - we've seen giants shoot arrows, run fast, swing trees, but never just ragdoll someone into a wall. Wow!
10. And finally, Jon Snow is back. We all knew this was coming, but that still doesn't make it any less awesome. Love the way they shot this scene and cannot wait to see what happens now! They keep setting up this huge battle at Winterfell and while that would be dope - I would hope Jon's real battle now is with the White Walkers because you know that show-down is coming.