Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 6, Episode 5 - The Door
Let me pull myself together after that WILD ASS episode, but WOW lot's to digest here.
Direwolf Badassery - I know Ghost gets a lot of hype, but Bran's direwolf Summer is low key the most badass direwolf on the show. Not only did she save Bran in season one but tonight she goes out like an absolute badass (something which can't be said about the other direwolves) and takes out a horde of Wights with her. 15 points for Direwolves.
Jon Snow Mania - He's back and I'm bored with him playing the Westeros version of Risk. Get back to killing people Jon.
1. Let's get the boring stuff out of the way first: The Arya plotline is going nowhere and is boring as hell. I guess her watching the weirdly meta play recapping the first season was cool, but seriously let's get on with this. Also, is the girl who is always kicking the shit out of Arya - Sir Jaqcuen's daughter?
2. Awesome seeing Sansa telling Littlefinger off, but it was kind of diminished at the end when she LIES to her brother, which just proves she may "hate" Littlefinger but she certainly has picked up on lots of his tricks.
3. Dayuum, so the White Walkers were created by the children who had beef with "men." I guess they had beef with the men because they were taking their homes. Classic fairy-tale story gone wrong. Also, you see the White Walker sword?
4. Brace yourself for a MIND MELT - So if the Night's King can see Bran when he's warging in the past - can the Night's King see across time? If that's the case - I wonder if the reason he didn't go at Jon Snow last year at Hardholme was because he knew that battle was yet to come.
5. Another season another quest for Sir Jorah - this guy is just a quest machine.
6. I am ready to confess that the Theon redemption story which started when he got his dick cut off has ended and I am firmly rooting for him. Also, are we going to get a naval battle with him and his sister going up against Mr. Fu Manchu?
7. This episode was directed by Jack Bender - who has pretty much directed at least one episode of every show ever. He's famous for directing amongst other things a bunch of LOST episodes so if you got a NOT PENNY'S BOAT vibe from the ending, that's why.
8. What exactly does it mean to "become the raven" and why is it so important. I think Bran's journey is going to take him to the "first men" which basically are the gods of the Game of Thrones world.
9. Loved the slight comedy in this episode - particularly Tormund just being completely obsessed with Lady Brienne. Also, does Podrick not get to hang out with the cool kids at Castle Black?
10. Finally - RIP HODOR - amazing how we feel so much for a character who only says one word. He will be missed!
I know I missed two weeks, sorry won't happen again, alright?