Game Of Thrones Recap - Season 6, Episode 6 - Blood Of My Blood
Yawn. I understand Thrones has to do a lot of set-up work to keep the plot moving, but after last week’s amazing episode - I was expecting more.
Direwolf Badassery - Nope and they were missed
Jon Snow Mania - Wish he was around for this episode.
1. The return of Benjen Stark is pretty cool and not just because we haven’t seen him since season 1! First off, he officially confirms that Bran is the new three eyed raven! Second, he’s some weird combo of human and white walker which we’ve never seen before. Third, he reveals he was saved by dragonglass which is nuts because it’s basically the ultimate “weapon” which could turn the wights back into humans again magic potion. And fourth - he can tell Jon about his Mother.
2. The Samwell Tarly story basically just let’s us know that in the world of Thrones it’s now fall (much closer to Winter) and that he picked up a nice new Valerian steel sword during his brief stop at home.
3. MIND MELT ALERT - Arya will still be a faceless man by the end of the season because she’s going to give the Sir Jaqen a face - the super annoying girl aka “The Waif.” They’ve been setting up this showdown all season and Arya will kill her and then Sir Jaqen will be like - nice you passed the real test.
4. Jaime’s face when Tommen rolled onto the steps makes this whole plotline barely worthwhile.
5. Speaking of Jaime, he’s headed towards Riverrun where Lady Brienne is headed as well. I smell a reunion! Wonder what Tormund is going to have to say about that.
6. The return of Benjen is cool cause he’s like a giant ball of thrones mythology, sweet new fire weapons, and old school characters. The return of the Blackfish and his son - ehhh not so much. Although the Blackfish was in an amazing scene back in season 3 - so maybe he’ll be cool - his son’s appearance though - I feel nothing.
7. This is the season of Stark family reunions and I’m ok with it!
8. That Tarly dinner party was the second most awkward dinner party on Game Of Thrones. The first was the red wedding.
9. Oh, I almost forgot, another great Daenery’s speech and emotional scene - YAWN. Honestly this show has done nothing since season 2 with this character. She goes somewhere - makes a speech - has some problems - goes somewhere -makes a speech - has some problems - goes somewhere - YOU GET THE IDEA. I felt nothing here. Gonna need a lot more than that.
10. 4 more episodes and I feel like this show is on the brink of being “bad.” Because I said that they’re going to deliver a kickass episode next week - but so much of it just feels like they’re spinning their wheels until the real showdown between the dragons and the white walkers